Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Closing Etsy Store


In an attempt to simplify even more, I have decided to close my Etsy Shop. I haven't had any sales for months and it doesn't seem to be worth my time and effort.


I have been thinking alot lately about my talents.


I have always been a planner. I plan a vacation, I plan a business idea, I plan for my kids future. Problem is all I can do is plan. I'm not good at actually implementing the plan. Most times, I get paralyzed when it comes to actually making things happen.


I've decided that my thinking is all wrong.


With the recent passing of my dear Ruthie, I have been thinking about what made her so loved among her peers and family. Why did so many people attend her funeral and truly feel sadness that they had lost a friend?


I have come to the conclusion that she used her talents in a way that was pleasing unto the Lord and to her fellow man.


Occasionally, Ruth would sell a doily or a quilt at a craft show. I beleive her motivation was not to make money. I think it was to get to spend time with whoever she was doing the show with. She also enjoyed seeing the customers and sharing her talent with them.


Most of the time, her talents were used to make others happy. She made and gave away more things in her lifetime than can be measured. Her hands were always busy with one project or another. Never did she try to make her creativity a business. Never did she hide her talents under a business bushel. She was not a slave to a dream of success. She was a success because she dreamed of others.


My wish is to spread my talents with those whom I love and will love. Only then, will I be happy and content.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting.. I was thinking of doing the same thing. I haven't sold a thing, and I have been wondering why bother when I can make things to give away to those I love and those in need. It's a good resolve.

My Artful Heart said...

I am sure a tough decision on your part (never easy to "take away"), but it will be so worth it for you in the long run. So sorry to hear about the loss of Ruthie. Many blessings to you.

Hugs!