Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Re-decoration - Out with the Old, In with the New

With the onset of springtime in Wyoming, my thoughts have turned to outside projects and gardening. With this change in thought process, many of the creative projects that I have been working on all winter get set aside for less busy days.

This year, I would like to change things by starting a re-organization of my craft room. The room in question was my son's childhood bedroom. He has grown into a man now (he's 16) and felt he needed a bigger room. We moved him into the hot tub room. (which has no hot tub) He calls it his "Man Cave."

Here is my plan to turn a boy's room into my craft room:

1. Ask Janice if I can borrow her camera to take before pictures and share them with the world.

2. Take everything out of the room and put it into Breanna's room. She isn't using it right now because she is off at college. She will, however, be back in May. I will need to have finished the project by then. I plan to

3. Cover the carpet with plastic sheeting.

4. Paint the walls. The walls in the room are 80's trailer house paneling. As I don't have the money right now to sheetrock, I plan to paint them with a nice eggshell color.

5. Make and Hang Curtains. I have some yellow material with sewing implements on it that I plan to use for curtains.

6. Construct a shelving unit. I plan to ask my dear Ron and Jake to construct a shelving unit to store miscelleanous supplies on.

7. Purchase baskets to put the supplies in and label them for easy access.

8. Move desk from the "Man Cave" into the room and install computer.

9. Set up sewing table.

10. Move fabric dresser and craft tower into room.

11. Sort all craft supplies and unfinished projects into four piles: Throw Away, Give Away, Sell at Yardsale or Keep. If I keep something, it needs to be for a specific project.

12. Put the Keep pile in the baskets on the shelves.

13. Take after photos and share them with the world.


This is my plan. If I put it out there for the whole world to see, I think I am more apt to actually do it. Here it is......world.

No comments: